Are you tired of being a princess for Halloween? Not that there’s anything wrong with being a princess (trust me, I’ve been dressing up as a princess since I was born), but sometimes you just want to dress up as a damsel who’s about to cause some distress rather than be a damsel in distress.
This costume is quick, easy, and most importantly: comfortable! Check out our Katniss Braid tutorial video to see how to achieve this look!
What you need for a katniss Costume:
- Cargo pants (kaki, dark blue, army green, or black)
- Fitted T-shirt or V-neck (army green, white, or grey)
- Boots (Combat boots, or we just chose brown laced boots)
- Black jacket (leather jacket works well, or one with a hood)
- Bow (you can buy a cheap one at a toy store, or you can make one out of cardboard)
What we used for the Katniss Braid:
- Clear hair ties
- Curling iron (we used our Ergo Flat iron to create curls, you can get $50 of if you use the coupon code: Fall50off)
- Silky Light Twisting Lotion
- BarBar Hair Dryer
Check out some of our other costume ideas: