Happy New Year, can you believe it is 2017– so crazy!! I started a deep cleaning of my kitchen and noticed that I had quite a few cake mixes leftover from the “buy one, get one” sales at Publix. Since I didn’t want them to go bad I decided to throw together a quick shenanigan! Today I am going to show you how to make these super cute paw print cupcakes!
What you need:
- Icing (from scratch or store-bought)
- Chocolate cupcake mix (and the ingredients listed on the box)
- Grasshopper cookies or Peppermint Patties (or if it’s Girl Scout cookie season: Thin Mints!)
- Chocolate covered raisins
- Coconut shavings (you should find these near the chocolate chips)
1) Put a thin layer of icing on your cupcake.
2) Dip your iced cupcake in a small bowl of coconut. The coconut will stick to the icing.
3) Next, use the icing as “glue” to stick on the cookie and chocolate covered raisins.
You are all done! Because these are so easy, they are a great activity for kids. They can be polar bear, snow leopard, or eve puppy paw prints. My puppy happens to be a fluffy white dog (photo below), so I made them after him, haha.